Thursday, January 28, 2016

Sugar Free/Gluten Free/Vegan Black Bean Cake

If you have always been too afraid to try black beans in a dessert before, then now is the perfect time for you to get over that fear. This sugar free black bean cake tastes just like a "normal" chocolate cake without all of the bad-for-you ingredients. The black beans substitute for the flour and NuStevia Simple Syrup is put in place of the sugar.

The cake is healthy, moist and tasty. I dare you to give it a try!






Sugar Free Black Bean Cake
  • 9 Tablespoons Water
  • 3 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
  • 2 Cups Black Beans
  • 2 Tablespoon NuStevia Simple Syrup
  • 2 Tablespoons Oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon Vinegar
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Put the water and flaxseed meal in the bowl of your blender and pulse a couple of times. Let sit a few minutes.
  3. Add all of the rest of the ingredients besides the baking soda and vinegar and blend until very smooth.
  4. Move batter into a medium size bowl and sprinkle baking soda over the top. Add the vinegar and fold in just until combined.
  5. Dump into a greased 8x8 inch pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
-Bethany

Although NuNaturals sent me the products, all of the opinions and the recipe are by me.


9 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful healthy cake, Bethany! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hiding beans in things. :) This looks absolutely delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried a black bean cake yet - think I'm going to have to try it because this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THESE LOOK SO DANG GOOD and ummm I LOVE that they are SUGAR FREE!!! YES YES YES! I haven't incorporated beans into my baking... Because I fear they will make me SUPER gassy, but they are truly a GREAT WAY to get some more fiber into your diet... DELICIOUSLY! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how rich and decadent this cake looks! I LOVE dense flourless chocolate cakes, and I can tell this cake would totally satisfy that craving with the benefit of protein and fiber from the black beans. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Savoring Saturdays, Bethany! I'm going to feature this delicious cake at this weekend's party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm yum! This sounds delicious! I love chocolate cake. Thanks for sharing this at Savoring Saturdays linky party!

    ReplyDelete